Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm in Control

I get a little frustrated when people say that they are not in control of their own life, that events of the day merely happen to them, that they are passive while there is something or someone else driving the bus. While I believe in a higher power, and have great faith in that which I don't understand, I do believe that I am the maker of my own destiny. I truly believe that where I am in my life is a direct result of the choices I have made. By saying that I want my life to change or that I would like to move abroad does nothing but share a thought. In order to make something happen, one must take action. I have finally started the process of packing. I know I am jumping ahead out of order of how things actually happened, but I'm living in the moment. I'll fill in the holes later. I have submitted all of the paperwork necessary to procure my visa, and that is another blog post in itself. I have told my bosses that I will not be returning next year, and I have begun the task of starting a to do list. There are so many little things that have to be done, but can't necessarily be done ahead of time. Things like canceling the cable and electric, changing my address, selling my car and all my furniture, or packing the rest of my belongings cannot be done until right before I'm ready to leave. I wish I could do it now, but I still need a bed to sleep on and a car to drive to work. It is also challenging because I haven't told the people I work with although I think they are starting to suspect something is amiss. The rumor mill has been churning, and the most recent addition is that I am running away to France to get married. While I am going back to France, I will not be getting married while I'm there, and I will be returning next week. My life is amazing because I have made it that way through hard work and dedication to fulfilling my goals. The best things in life are not handed to us while we sit idly by, they are the things that we have to work hard for.

No comments:

Post a Comment