Saturday, March 24, 2012

Where does inspiration come from?


Inspiration

What causes a person to be inspired, to be truly motivated in life? For my Uncle Leo, it was my Aunt Ginny. Inspiration for him was a time where he could forget about war and flying planes and think about the woman he loved. Uncle Leo died when I was very young, but that didn’t stop Aunt Ginny from living her life. She continued to travel, enjoy life, and build a foundation for me to dream big. 


For me, inspiration comes in many forms and in many places. A long time ago, I’m not really sure when, I decided I wanted to live a big life, one full of inspiration and adventure like my aunt and uncle. I didn’t realize, however, how much of a motivating factor these two people would be in my life until I got a bit older. 


I’m a bit of a loner, and I have always done things just a little bit differently and in my own time. The first time I traveled it was completely on my own to live on a small Greek island for a summer. There have been many trips since then including volunteer work in Tanzania, conference presenting in Bulgaria, vampire hunting in Romania, and finding myself in Turkey. It was never enough though. Every time I came home I wanted to be somewhere else. Sure I missed my family and the comforts of home, but I felt like something was missing. 


Taking on the adventurous spirit of Aunt Ginny, I took the bull by the horns (I really may do that someday) and set a goal to change my life. The thing that had been swirling around in my head for the past couple years finally found a place in the forefront of my mind and became a tangible goal. I was going to move to another country!

This new blog is starting as a "secret blog" for the people closest to me or the people who happen to stumble upon it. This is my journey of the ups, downs, and unexpecteds of drastic life changes. 

Thank you for joining me on the journey! 

4 comments:

  1. I am honored that I did not have to stumble on to this blog. It is great to be included in this next leg of your life. So much always passes unsaid between us two. It is such a milestone in my life that you somehow or I somehow found the point in time where we would be next to each other in two dumpy portables! We turned them into the most rocking IB inquiry homes to some amazing children. When I think about all that we tried and then improvised and then moved as the children moved, I wish that we would have had the foresight to create a documentary. It would be a great professional tool. From Medieval Times to your newest adventures, I am there with you (and Dee too). Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...love the magic script! Wish to meet your Aunt Ginny. Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight months later I finally stumbled on this blog. Can't wait to read more.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting to see which blog perks first! Hi Erin's mom:)

    ReplyDelete